Sunday, August 2, 2009

Accepting Reality and Enjoying It!

I know when I eat gluten I get sick- both emotionally and physically. It comes in the form of a cold sore outbreak, a sinus infection that just won't go away, body aches, anxiety, fatigue or depression out of no where. It was such a relief to find out what I was eating was the cause of these ailments!

Eating gluten-free is so much easier for me today than it was at my beginning stage of figuring all this diet/lifestyle out. At first, I felt deprived and angry that I couldn't eat the foods that everyone around me else didn't seem to have a problem with. Then, once I got over the "Woe as me" stage, everything around me starting opening up! The longer I stuck with the gluten-free program the more delicious foods I found to eat AND people with the same issues started to appear everywhere in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment