Saturday, August 8, 2009

Simple is Easier

The past few days have been very full with little time to concentrate on writing. Thursday evening I went to a lecture given by Henci Goer the author of "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth." While I think my days of giving birth are over, the state of birth today is still a topic I feel passionately about and I wanted to support a good friend of mine. Later that evening , my friend and I were in my kitchen preparing a late dinner,and she remarked that she was so sorry that I had to deal my 'gluten thing'. I told her it was no big deal because it's not-anymore. I love my lifestyle because the meals and snacks I eat make me feel good, the way food should.

Lately, my diet has been as simple as it gets. I am taking care of my 2 youngest girls, 2 dogs, and cat alone. There is not the time to spend preparing full meals. Salad, apples and almond butter, and late night Pamela's chocolate chip cookies and almond milk sums it all up. As I glance at the other gluten-free blogs on my list, I would be lying if I didn't say I was a bit jealous of the amount of time and food preparation skills the authors have. I would love a homemade pizza or chocolate coconut pie right now. Maybe one day I'll have the time and energy, but for now I would just like to request a personal chef. I remember when it was so difficult to remain gluten-free during busy/stressful times. How silly that was because eating it would only add fuel to the fire. I feel fortunate to have that control now.

1 comment:

  1. you are so right, I really could use some more grab and go mentality. It doesn't always have to be the big production or the packaged poison. Apples have always known what's up.

    ReplyDelete