Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nightly Temptations


Last night, after my daughter and I finished off a mediocre pint of Strawberry Rice Dream Organic, which happened to be on sale at Whole Foods, my sweet tooth was not at all satisfied. I knew there was another 'off limit' dessert in my freezer, however I tried to keep my mind on other things.

It is a huge challenge when my husband comes home with two pints of buy one get one free Ben and Jerry's. The carton of Cream Brulee called my name and I dove in like the dessert I had eaten moments ago never existed. I let my sugar cravings override the fact that I would pay for this indulgence in less than 24 hours. After 3 rather large spoonfuls, I stopped knowing I would feel it in the morning.

As I write this, my head is stuffy, my insides are off, and a new zit has formed on my cheek, and once again I have a reminder of why I choose to eat the way I do. Food is supposed to make me feel good. Next time, I promised myself to give in and buy the full priced Purely Decadent Mocha Almond Fudge coconut milk ice cream that I love so much and feel content.

3 comments:

  1. This is great, I sent a link to Jill, who is starting out her gluten free lifestyle and has lots of challenges. (Mostly shopping, living in Columbia across town from Earth Fare)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read, looking forward to your next!
    Makes me want to go out and try some coconut ice cream. We also have a son that has problems with dairy products.We love almond breeze at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please have Jill email me if she would like. I can help!

    ReplyDelete