Thursday, August 6, 2009

Revelations and A-Ha moments

I stayed up late last night and researched gluten-free on the Internet. I thought I was hip to what was going on, up on the latest, all that. I was wrong. After realizing how important gluten-free is in my skin care as well as my food, I went through my bathroom closet with a magnifying glass. Here I was, at midnight, reading label after label. The line of skin care I use is gluten-free, at least the products I use personally from them are, but my hair color has WHEAT AND OATS! How could I have missed that all this time ? Me, the girl so picky about everything I put on my skin ? Wake up call.

A huge light went off over my head. I sometimes felt tired after I colored my hair and often times got a small cold sore. It is so embarrassing to admit this. For the sake of vanity, I compromised my health. Upon more research, I found that the hair color, Ecocolors, I used two months ago is gluten-free. I'm switching forever.

It all comes back to a very basic quote which I heard several years ago, "Keep doing what you have always done and you will keep getting what you've always got." Be the change.

2 comments: